I’ll be completely honest with you. I don’t love October. At all.
I’m a spring-summer girl, through and through. But in a effort to improve my outlook amid the darkening nights and lowering temperatures, I decided to think about all the positives this month is set to bring.
// Coniston Water, Lake District, from this post //
1. It’s my birthday! My big day is at the end of the month. I don’t have plans yet, but I’ll make some. What shall I do? If it’s not your birthday, you can still have a party. You could invite some spooky people over for Hallowe’en!
2. Rediscovering my winter wardrobe. Digging out my chunky knits and cosy hats and scarves.
3. Buying a few things for the new season. I’m eyeing up all those Burberry-inspired checked blanket wraps.
4. Making progress on the back garden. There’s still a lot to do but we’ve come a long way, even if it still does not quite look like a garden yet. I’ll update you soon. Did you see the before pics?
5. Booking a holiday. It’s been a couple of years since we left the country. My passport had even expired! Now though, we feel the need for some sun. We’re booking a week abroad for November and I can’t wait to feel warmth and do some exploring.
6. Starting to talk about the C-word – Christmas! Normally, I hate this early start which leads on to the endless build up to December 25. But family get-togethers are precious things to look forward to. As are presents!
7. Taking walks, collecting conkers and watching the leaves turn. Aren’t the changing colours beautiful?
8. Enjoying the golden hour. The low sunlight on my drives home from work is amazing.
9. Trying out a darker lip colour. This season, it has to be plum.
10. Making warming, hearty food. I’ll be making huge pans of soup, stew and chilli.
What do you love about October?