I know I’m not the first to do a DIY like this and I’m sure I won’t be the last.
I love coming up with original projects, but when time isn’t on your side it’s good to keep the creativity ticking over by seeing something crafty you like, and trying it out for yourself.
Pinterest is almost awash with varieties of this type of project. You just take a set of simple cork coasters and paint on your own design using tape or a stencil. It really is as easy as that.
It takes a matter of minutes and – not to mention their practical use – I love the injection of colour and pattern these coasters give my room.
What you need: cork coasters | acrylic paint | tape | paintbrush
1. Choose some cheery paint colours.
2. Apply tape to your coasters, leaving the areas you want to paint exposed.
3. Get painting! You’ll probably need to do 1-2 coats, so let the coaster dry thoroughly in between.
4. Make sure they’re fully dry before taking off the tape. (I couldn’t find the masking tape, but this clear Scotch tape seemed to work just as well).
5. There, something pretty to sit your drinks on! I should probably finish them off and protect the paint with a spray sealer or coat of clear varnish.
This is a super easy DIY that leaves you with something useful. I love the combination of colours and shapes alongside the texture of the cork.
What do you think?
Fancy a cup of tea?