We’ll be talking a lot about trends this month – both in fashion and weddings. I’m not an advocate for blindly following trends but sometimes they can give you an idea you can interpret and make your own.
I’m afraid I really struggle to muster enthusiasm for winter fashion, so as soon as the new year has turned I’m always keen to look forward to spring and summer styles.
One of my high street favourites Reiss gave me a peek of their SS13 collection and their take on the season’s big trends, which have influenced their designs:
• vivid colours and prints
• florals – especially on jewellery
• a nod to the 60s with shift dresses (but 90s body con remains)
• trousers are straight and long or cropped
• ruffles – on skirts, dresses and jackets – and femininity
• pale pink and natural on black and pops of watermelon, cornflower, olive and navy
• texture with raffia, linen and canvas
• prized arm candy for the season will be top handle bowling bags, shoulder bags, totes and clutches – mini box, hand-held and oversize
Here are some of my favourite pieces.
What do you like best from what you have seen of the spring/summer style trends?