Hello you ♥
I’m Anna, I’m in my 30s, I live in West Yorkshire, I’m an ex-journalist, now working in politics – and I blog.
Why? It’s pretty simple really: I love writing and I write about what I love.
So what’s that?
- Yorkshire: Where I was born, grew up and live. I love discovering new places and goings-on in this beautiful region, and uncovering and championing talent.
- Crafting: I love making things, and sharing step-by-step tutorials. They’re simple and inexpensive, because I can’t do everything. I’m yet to even master a sewing machine. I know! I was a finalist in the ‘best crafting blog’ category of the Company magazine style blogger awards.
- Fashion: Only when it doesn’t cost the earth. My outfits are always high street and sometimes customised or DIY-ed.
- My house: It’s a love-hate thing at times. My husband and I are in the process of renovating our suburban semi from top to bottom. You can follow our progress – warts and all – here.
- Camping and travel: I’ve been lucky enough to travel to some of the world’s most exquisite destinations, but lately we’ve decided to get sensible and cut costs, travelling mainly in the UK and Europe. We’ve taken up camping, favouring isolated cliff-top sites – as long as they have hook ups to allow you to bring electricity to your tent.
Sponsorship and product reviews
Lovely readers: I plough a lot of hours into this little corner of the world wide web, and a sponsored post here and there helps me to do so. I’m sorry if you don’t like to see them on blogs you read, but I only work with companies I think you might be interested in. I also make a point of writing all content myself, and making it as interesting and fitting as possible. I’ll always add a disclosure at the bottom of a post or a * or c/o if I’ve been paid to write or mention something, or if it’s been gifted.
Advertisers: I welcome enquiries about product or experience reviews and giveaways, and sponsored posts are also available. If you want to know more about about the blog, its history, philosophy and readers, here’s my nifty, one-page media guide.
If you’re interested in reader numbers, I registered 17,352 page views during March 2015.
I’m afraid I don’t accept guest posts because I like to write everything myself.
If you have any other questions, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading!